Apple just released its 2012 environmental report, detailing all the ways it’s conserving energy and working to make Mother Earth a slightly cleaner place. A highlight of that effort is clearly the company’s data center in Maiden, North Carolina. The giant white-roofed server bunker will soon be home to the largest end user-owned solar array in the US — covering 100 acres and producing 42 million kWh of electricity each year. The 20-megawatt installation is only the beginning too. A five-megawatt fuel cell facility will soon be going up alongside it. Hit up the source link for the full report, but be forewarned, it comes only in PDF format.
- My Top 10 Internet Security Programs Of 200922 views
- Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland transmutes NA and EU in May12 views
- Google Exec Implies Facebook Was Nuts To Pay $16 Billion For WhatsApp10 views
- Google Capital Pours $50M Into Real Estate Marketplace Auction.com At A $1.2B Valuation10 views
- No Company Admired More Than Apple – iPhone Maker Tops Fortune’s Popularity Contest for Seventh Year in a Row10 views
From the tube
'postplay' 01.26.14 27th action app apple Beaten Celebrating China Class customers debut DLC Documents Execution Facepalm Grew Happen hate hero Improve increased Jan. Jobs Kantar last live maintenance mobile Netflix Offer Raises Real Reborn Smartwatch Stroke Super Bowl target through tile Tuesday Union Weapon Windows YouTube