In the US, today is a day for remembering our many Presidents who have come before but, in between those sincere thoughts of Grover Cleveland and Calvin Coolidge, take a moment to ponder the great feats of John Glenn. On this day 50 years ago a Real American Hero blasted off into space, Glenn becoming the first American to achieve orbit. In just under five hours he rocketed away from Kennedy Space Center, made three trips around the globe and then splashed down again in the Atlantic. Of course, there’s a lot more to the story than that, and so NASA has created a 25 minute documentary about the trip, embedded for you below. Need more? Head on through to the source link for galleries, infographics and even 3D clickable models of the Friendship 7 spacecraft — all available to you without reaching escape velocity.
- What’s The Future For The Last Generation’s Big Franchises?22 views
- Camera360′s Latest Version Is Streamlined But Packed With Features20 views
- My Top 10 Internet Security Programs Of 200917 views
- Microsoft Confirms DirectX 12 Lives, Will Showcase Technology At GDC14 views
- Google Exec Implies Facebook Was Nuts To Pay $16 Billion For WhatsApp12 views
From the tube
'postplay' 01.26.14 27th action app apple Beaten Celebrating China Class customers debut DLC Documents Execution Facepalm Grew Happen hate hero Improve increased Jan. Jobs Kantar last live maintenance mobile Netflix Offer Raises Real Reborn Smartwatch Stroke Super Bowl target through tile Tuesday Union Weapon Windows YouTube