Doing anything special for leap year? Now you are. Microsoft just announced that a Windows 8 Consumer Preview will be made available to the public starting Feb. 29th, between 3PM and 5PM, presumably local time. Oddly, the move is being made in conjunction with the Mobile World Congress trade show, which is obviously focused on mobile, not desktop. Granted, a few tablets do debut at MWC, usually with LTE or 3G onboard, but this is still a curious decision. Unless, of course, you assume that Microsoft will use this to introduce the first concept phone with Windows 8 onboard. Crazy? Maybe, but still entirely within the realm of possibility. Either way, get your bandwidth ready for the 29th, as a new version of Win8 will be coming down the pike for you to test out.
- My Top 10 Internet Security Programs Of 200922 views
- Google Capital Pours $50M Into Real Estate Marketplace Auction.com At A $1.2B Valuation13 views
- Google Exec Implies Facebook Was Nuts To Pay $16 Billion For WhatsApp11 views
- A Look Back At Amy Hennig’s Career So Far11 views
- Microsoft Confirms DirectX 12 Lives, Will Showcase Technology At GDC11 views
From the tube
'postplay' 01.26.14 27th action app apple Beaten Celebrating China Class customers debut DLC Documents Execution Facepalm Grew Happen hate hero Improve increased Jan. Jobs Kantar last live maintenance mobile Netflix Offer Raises Real Reborn Smartwatch Stroke Super Bowl target through tile Tuesday Union Weapon Windows YouTube